Monday, February 21, 2011

Tap That Keg!!

Last week was a busy one for me. I’ll be writing about the events I attended in addition to sharing a few highlights from a conversation I had with a girlfriend of mine while visiting at a party we attended at a winery in Iowa, about living with silent diseases. I think that particular blog post shall be of interest to my friends living with thyroid diseases. It’s Monday, I hope the day is good to you and this finds you all doing you, and doing it well.


On Thursday, February 17th, Great River Brewery introduced the Quad-Cities to Aaah BOCK. I surely had myself a pint.

The crew at Great River Brewery is always serving up some cool, refreshing goodness. From the Dirty Blonde – an amazing brew with chocolaty goodness, to the La Jefa, my fav, I enjoy my visits to this QC brewery. I made a stop at the tapping just before attending a martini shake-off event, for charity, which I will write about soon, I promise! My taste buds have been on a tasting frenzy.  If you were to take a trip to Great River Brewery, in Davenport, Iowa, you would find Paul Krutzfeldt and Scott Lehnert, my favorite brew masters, brewing up some tasty goodness, socializing with locals and possibly tapping a keg in the Brewers Lounge.

It was the end of 2008 when Great River Brewery moved its operations from Iowa City to Davenport.  They have a good selection of brews, check them out! Wednesday nights at the brewery are really a good time to see area musicians, who perform in the Brewers Lounge. They are a riot! Hope to see you there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment