Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Thyroid Awareness Month

January is Thyroid Awareness Month. I encourage you to go the iamthefaceofthyroiddisease.org website and view some of the videos being shared by those who have thyroid disease. The stories are interesting, inspiring and encouraging.
It was the summer of 2004 when I was diagnosed with a non-toxic multi-nodular goiter. Translation – my thyroid had benign tumors or growths on it. It wasn’t much longer before I had my thyroid gland removed. How I found out about this thyroid issue that I’d developed is a story I will tell in the days to come, but it started out with me having a series of choking spells, sleepless nights and bouts with irritability. I was not me, or shall I say I was not the me I’d come to love and know.
Happy Thyroid Awareness Month, and smiles from me to you. LIve your life; I'm living mine!
This is a picture of me on a Carnival Cruise this past September. I spent the time relaxing, writing and reading Eat, Pray, Love, and hanging with one of my sisters and two of my cousins. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment