Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Just Call Me Slim

I’ve heard the odds are slim, chances are slim, slim pickings, and yo slim so many times. However, don’t ever minimize the health odds or chances when slim comes into play. A month ago I found out my uterine fibroid tumors have returned. While they are benign, they will not be tested until I have them removed. The procedure I decide to have this second time around is yet to be determined. I will visit with a new doctor who will be joining my dream team, tomorrow. All I know is that I don’t want to be in this same spot, another six years down the road.

Six years ago I had a procedure called a myomectomy. A myomectomy is a surgical procedure that consists of the removal of uterine fibroid tumors, which are noncancerous growths that in my case were large and plentiful. My uterus had grown to be the size of a five month pregnant woman. It was ridiculous! I had 12 tumors removed, and now I find my uterus growing yet again, with several tumors. It’s just a headache. I mean, nobody has time for foreign bodies invading their private places. Seriously, I gotta figure out next steps and keep things movin’. The myomectomy is an amazing procedure since it leaves your uterus intact, so that you can still bear children. It’s got its complications, but if you are in good hands, you’ll be good to go. However, the chances or odds of reoccurring tumors could be slim or definitive. For me – it’s the return of “fake baby bump” or “sexy kangaroo pouch.”

I’ll elaborate more on the risks, experiences, etcetera in due time. In the meantime, I’m contemplating the best next steps for me, because I want the odds of these tumors returning to be SLIM to none!

No comments:

Post a Comment