Thursday, July 20, 2017

Fatigue, What Fatigue?

I have been enjoying my summer. I had the opportunity to spend some time in Disney World, which was truly magical. I clocked so many steps; you can’t help but to be active when playing at the Magic Kingdom and taking in all the lovely flower arrangements at Epcot Center. I went to the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. It was truly amazing. I’ve included some pictures below.

Since being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism, and I say since loosely, because it wasn’t until after I had my thyroid removed that I actually got a diagnosis, I experience bouts with fatigue. This past spring was rough. I kept wondering when I would snap out of it. Two things I was mindful of during this time that may be easily overlooked when fatigue sets in:
  • Stick to a sleep schedule
  • Vitamin D

If you’re like me, you’re tired, daily, and going to bed nightly is like taking a long nap. During my last visit with my endocrinologist, my lap results showed that my Vitamin D levels were extremely low, so my dosage was increased. Vitamin D helps me to feel better when it comes to:
  • Achy bones
  • Tiredness and a general sense of not feeling well
  • And it helps with the absorption of calcium, which is really important to me as a woman with lactose intolerance

I hope these nuggets have been beneficial and magical for you. Enjoy your summer!

 

 

 

Cheers,

Shemeka

No comments:

Post a Comment