Monday, August 6, 2018

And Then I Remembered

Time, it comes, it goes. It slows, it speeds up, it's up, it's down, it's big, it's small...it's a lot like me living with hypothyroidism! Sometimes my vitamins are like time - they get away from me!

When my vitamin regimen gets away from me, I hate to say, it's not something I notice until I'm in bed, in my dress pants and blouse, curled up with my iPhone and laptop nearby right after work. Sometimes it's when a friend or family member asks, "Why are you so tired?" and it's in the middle of the day, or my body aches and I haven't lifted weights, run a mile or gone for a deep tissue massage at my favorite spa.

As time gets away from me, combined with my forgetfulness regarding my vitamins, the following happens to me: sleepiness, achy bones, lethargy, brain fog, and sometimes irritability goes up! Recently, I remembered, when my second consecutive week of post work naps came to an end, that I hadn't been taking my Vitamin D. I hadn't been taking my B Vitamins, probiotics, biotin or chromium. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes I forget. Sometimes like time, my vitamins get away from me.

Think about how you're feeling, and take inventory of your feelings. It might not be the flu. It might not be a cold, or even a virus. Something just might be missing. If you have thyroid disease, or another condition surgically induced, autoimmune or a birthright, do inventory of your feelings and make sure you add back what's missing in your life. Your body will love you for it! Consider also eating food sources that are rich in these great vitamins too!

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder that I may not be getting everything I need from my daily food intake!! :)

    ReplyDelete