Sunday, April 7, 2019

Counteract Seasonal Affective Disorder

I have been working a lot, like most, and in need of a major reset. The winter in Iowa was been brutal. I’m not being dramatic or exaggerating, I’m staying a fact; speaking the truth. It was brutal. We had lots of snow and ice, it was a weekly occurrence, and it started months ago in November. Now, spring has sprung, and we are hoping for warmer days, sunny skies and looking forward to flowers blooming. 

Back to that reset...yes, I had a long winter, and managed to stay somewhat balanced. However, after my fall travels, I slowed down. With the change in seasons, I try to travel more to counteract the possibility of battling seasonal affective disorder. I’ve realized that for me personally, when I travel near, around or during our time change, I have a more positive experience with transitioning into the next season. Travel enhances my mood, gives me energy and life, and perks me up. Whether you take a weeklong trip to some place far away or an extended weekend outside of your hometown, getting away from the norm, and the daily grind is a great way to do us in you, and to press that reset button. 

May you find joy on your journeys and be blessed! 

Refreshed after my stay on Clearwater Beach Island ~ Shemeka 


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the interesting post! I want to share my tool to combat seasonal affective disorder.Observing a suitable diet for this,I can always find a balance.Proper nutrition in General is a very important component of good health of any organism. I use the Nutri-IQ platform https://www.nutriiq.ca/ which has a lot of useful and interesting information. What do you think about it?

    ReplyDelete