Monday, July 11, 2022

Home, Sweet Home Office!

While I enjoy working from home, the changes in my routine are still, at times, causing havoc on my thyroid health. I know my TSH is “in range”, but that doesn’t equate to feelings of health and well-being bliss. Honestly, it ticks me off. It’s upsetting. So, my reset involves a few different nuances this year.


Candid Conversations 
I did a lab visit and reviewed my numbers, including Vitamin D too, with my endocrinologist. I was honest and candid about how I was feeling to ensure my current plan for managing my thyroid health is on point, so we could tweak it together. I also talked to my chiropractor about how I was feeling. My doctor recommended increasing my fluids; you’d be surprised how much water you actually need to stay adequately hydrated versus how much you have been thought you need. Standards have changed. Our bodies are all different. We have different needs. 

Movement Goal
Whatever you choose to do to get moving, exposure to sunlight and feel better is your choice. Just make it a goal and meet it. I started Barre563 again and it gets me moving and communicating with others in a small group, which breaks up my workdays! My goal was to get out of the house on workdays a few times a week, for my mental well-being, and my nurse practitioner helped me get back to it. I’m telling you, it takes a team, she too was someone I went to for a very candid conversation when I was feeling not so sparkly. I love her!

Check-in
Checking in on your strong friends, weak friends, family members, coworkers, team members, and check-in with yourself! It’s a mindset. Some people are on top of it. Others simply don’t do it because they say they are busy with family, but hey, think of a time when someone reached out to you when you least expected it and needed it. Be better. Be open. Be kind. I think that the more you grow and the more you become comfortable with your personal self, you will see yourself become more empathetic towards others. That is a beautiful thing.

I gotta run. Be well!
Shemeka 


No comments:

Post a Comment